Política

[Politica][bleft]

Inmigración

[Inmigración][twocolumns]

Katya Miranda, Fallen Angel

Katya Miranda, 9-year old Salvadoran girl, was assaulted, raped, and brutally killed in April 1999 while she was in her grandparent’s beach home in custody of his father, with her uncles, aunts, and cousins. Despite the presence of members of her father's family and their employees at the home, nobody claimed to have seen or heard anything. The father, grandfather and other male relatives, all present that tragic night, are high-ranking officials in El Salvador's military, the National Civilian Police and former president Calderon Sol’s presidential secret service unit.

By Laura M. Pineda Jiménez*
(Katya’s cousin)

I wake up every morning to the gorgeous sunrise
as it rises in the heavens.

It brings me to tears every time for I did not see it on my last day on earth.

I am happy here cause there is no hatred, resentments, or fear of others. Every day is a blessing here and I am fortunate to have so many loved ones around me and feel their warmth in their glow.

And to see the creator and the son is a remarkable sight but when times are at it's best I remember my past.

My sister's laughter was and still is music to my ears,
the games we would play together and how we were carefree at one time
we shared our laughs, fun, tears, and some pains that were far too great but our love was the strongest bond we shared.

On the day she was born I knew she had great potential and seeing her little hands and feet I knew I could not ask for a better playmate.

And I remember my mother's love and how her warmth was all the survival I needed to face the day and knowing she would be there for me always. I believed in my father who was tall and strong but my family mattered so much to me then any toy I could ever own.

I also remembered my cousins whom would play with me and we would laugh so hard over the littlest things even our dumb comments. I never felt alone from any of them and whenever we got angry with each other it only lasted for a few minutes and then we would play again.

The day I had my first communion was one of the happiest days of my life and to have family there to celebrate it was the best feeling in the world. The dress made me feel like a princess and I would loved to have passed it down to my sister too.

Every happy memory warms me every time I think about it and I still attend the family reunions and the hard and happy times of every loved one. Although they cannot see me, I am there with them.

And then there are the times I remember the nightmares that I endured on my last night on earth.

I never knew it would happen to me the way it did and that my last breaths were taken from me by the monsters I never have done any harm to. The tears from my eyes were for my sister and my mother because of what they would have to endure but as I looked to the right towards the horizon I saw some familiar figures that I have seen in my dreams and I no longer felt alone or any more pain. When I finally closed my eyes my soul left me and I immediately went to my sister and gave her a kiss on the forehead and I vowed to never leave her alone. I also said my farewells to my mother and my relatives before I left for home.

I no longer hurt but at times I do feel lonely but whenever you fall asleep I am always there because I can be in many places at once and I can dream with you and feel your touch again.

So as I go back to sleep as the sun sets and the moon shines over me I send this message to my little sister on earth that whatever had happened I have no regrets because we have a deeper love then any other and to our mother we were always the three ladies and that bond will never be broken. I love you both and you will never be alone.

To my aunts, uncles, and cousins we are alright those who have left and we shower you with love everyday and we are at peace. To the future relatives and friends of the family I am sorry that I have not met you but you are always in my heart.

Love always,
Katy 08-13-08
Comentarios
  • Blogger Comentarios en Blogger
  • Facebook Comentarios en Facebook
  • Disqus Comentarios en Disqus

3 comments :

  1. A touching letter to our concience that enables to search for justice.

    Jose Matatias Delgado Y Del Hambre.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well i not hwo to escribir good in ingles but o am agry en que continion the investigaciones, les go todos a firmar la lether.
    thanks you for don't forget this terrible insidente.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for posting my letter from Katya and i am touched and moved that all of you took heart on what was written. I just needed to write something that was from her so i could sleep at night knowing that i could giver her a voice from that nigh she was taken away from us. God bless you all and thanks again

    Laura Mercedes Pineda Jimenez (Laurita)

    ReplyDelete

Gracias por participar en SPMNEWS de Salvadoreños por el Mundo


Administración Bukele

[Bukele][grids]

Politica

[Politica][threecolumns]

Deportes

[Deportes][list]

Economía

[Economía][threecolumns]

Tecnología

[Tecnología][grids]

English Editions

[English Editions][bsummary]